Sunday, December 9, 2012

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

This Christmas is very, very exciting for me. I'm totally and 1000% into the spirit this year. Last year I was nine months pregnant, miserable, huge, and settling into a brand spanking new (to us) house. Not exactly in the holdiay spirit. So when my mom called me and asked if I wanted to go cut down a Christmas tree yesterday, I jumped. I had been itching for a tree for a few weeks already but had to resist because it would have died long before the 25th.
We went up to the Christmas Tree Farm and had a hell of a time trying to find a tree. I guess when it hasn't hardly rained all year and you have an obscenely long hot summer it doesn't do so well for the Christmas tree business. But the man there was super nice, and he was apparently open only for us, which made me sad. We've been going to this tree farm since I was nine or ten so I obviously hold it near and dear to me. Cutting down the tree was a major part of my childhood Christmases.
Anyway, now that I'm getting sappy (ba dum bum) about trees, I'll move on. We got the tree picked, cut, and netted and then hustled home to decorate it.



Bam! It's very tall, we actually had to give it a haircut just to put the topper on it. So since that was done, I started chomping at the bit to do our Christmas cards.
I bought some adorable wrapping paper at target this year and I thought it would make a great backdrop for a photoshoot/desperate attempt to get a card worthy picture.
 


 
I love the bottom, even though her arms are a little bit blurry. She's such a ham.
I have the card narrowed down to two designs on Shutterfly, now I just need Chris' imput. I'll be sure and post one when we decide!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment