Tuesday, November 27, 2012

In The Mood

Hooray, I finally made a mood board for the kitchen! I still have to run it by Chris but I think he'll approve since he's usually pretty easy going about the house decorating. I didn't spend long on it, so excuse the hurried look to it, but I just wanted to put it all together and see if I loved it as much as I thought I would. So without further ado, here's the plan:

Kitchen

 
A few notes:
I can't decide on the pendant lights but I'll probably hang one over the sink and two over the bar.
The curtains are just a placeholder until I can find a funky ikat print that I love. I'll probably make six panels and hang them in the living room and in the kitchen to keep it looking cohesive.
I can't decide if I'll paint the bar stools or not but I'm pretty in lurve with them.
I want on old rotary phone so badly. Hopefully in a fun, bright color like this yellow one. We don't have a house phone but there's a box in the wall of the kitchen for one so I thought I would get a fun retro one that would be more for looks than function.
 
How was your Thanksgiving? Ours went pretty smoothly, but we didn't have to cook anything (I was definitely thankful for that!) Lily was great and pretty happy even though we kept her up through her afternoon nap. Two days before thanksgiving was our "housiversary" (infinitely fun to say- try it!) which I was incredibly excited about and also in a state of disbelief. We've lived in our ugly-cute little 3 bedroom for a year now. How crazy is that? This year is going to be the year of big changes though. Now that we're settled, it's time to change things up.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment