Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Color Me Excited

I don't know why, but everyone here has had cabin fever all day long. Eleanor was going insane all day chewing on things and being a little too rough with the baby. Lily just crawls everywhere and has been kind of weepy. We went for a walk to try and cure it and man, am I out of shape. I walked a mile with Lily strapped to my chest in the Infantino and the pup pulling us along. My legs already hurt and it's only been two hours since we got back. I keep telling myself I'm going to work out and then find every possible excuse to avoid doing it. While I was walking though, I came to a realization. I need to start running again for 1. my sanity. 2. my body 3. my kid.
 
I'm a stresser. I worry about everything and at one time, running was my go-to mood booster. Now I realize that with a thousand more things to worry about (like my kid swallowing a marble) I need it more than I ever did. It probably wouldn't hurt any to lose a little weight either. I've lost all the baby weight but even before I got pregnant I was a few pounds over what I would have liked to be (plus, new clothes! Nobody says no to that). And with losing weight comes a healthier lifestyle. I have a daughter now who needs me to set a good example and eat right and excercise instead of crash dieting and bingeing.
 
After missing it this year, I heard about the The Color Run (which will be in town in June of 2013) and was automatically intrigued. Could I handle a 5k by next June? Totally. Couch to 5k gets people running them in 10 weeks. I can handle it in 8 months. I just need the motivation.
 

Doesn't that just look like fun?

I hereby declare that on June 1, 2013. I will be participating in The Color Run.
 
Now, you all will have to hold me to that. All two of you that have seen my blog. Man, I need to start networking.

No comments:

Post a Comment