Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Pumpkins!

This is LONG overdue, but we took Lily to the pumpkin patch!
 
 
It was a blustery day. Really windy and cold outside, which is why she looks so miserable, haha. She really did like her little baby pumpkin.

 
When we got home we carved those suckers up. Chris went with the Bat Signal, and I decided to go with a B&C. I had never actually attempted to shave the skin off of a pumpkin but it came off a lot easier than I expected, which was good.
 
And carving pumpkins means pumpkin seeds. I'd never roasted those either, so I decided to try it. I rinsed them off and laid them out to dry on some newspaper.




 

 

 
I actually don't have any pictures after this point because my camera ate them. But I followed this recipe which I found on Pinterest. Chris said he liked them, which was good enough for me!
 
This fall marks so many things for us. It's Lily's first holiday season, our one year homeiversary, and Lily's birthday in January. I'm so excited for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment