Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Mud, Gloirous Mud!

 First, a little update. The past weekend we went down to the Ozarks for the Tough Mudder, a crazy eleven mile obstacle course that takes some guts to do. Chris ran the whole thing (cue crazy proud fiance) and didn't even break anything. I was impressed. And by the end, he looked something like this:

 
Lily had tons of fun people watching and wandering the sponsor's tents while we waited for dad to finish. She even got a Wounded Warriors tattoo.
When we got home I was inspired by all the mud there and decided it was time for a little "Dude, Get On That Already" Challenge, Young House Love Style. (More on that here.)
 
I grabbed the spackle (which is a hilariously fun word) and went to town all over the house. I even got the bathroom holes that I've been staring at for a year.
 
 
I was on a roll, so I finally found a place for this guy, who has been hanging in a poorly lit corner of my dining room since I got him nearly a year ago.
 
 
I seriously stressed out about this for a good ten minutes, then took a deep breath and hung him up in the kitchen. Instant relief. He looks much happier there, don't you think?
 
Please forgive my awful pictures, they were taken with a 7 year old point and shoot.
 
Then I threw some cookbooks on top of my cabinet. I think once get some more it will look less sparse up there. Plus, I love my seahorse bookend.
 
What have you guys been up to lately? Made any tiny changes around the house that make you smile?

No comments:

Post a Comment