Monday, November 12, 2012

My Gigantic Room By Room To-Do List

Is it just me, or does doing one project make you itch to start another and another? We just put in a new front door (I can't wait to show you guys!) and now I want to start painting slash sewing slash tiling slash demoing everything in our poor house. I was at work all day today thinking about things I wanted to do to the house and in what order I wanted to do them and I decided to let the whole internet know, so here it comes:
 
The Front Yard
 
 
To Do:
  • Work on landscaping
  • Replace the storm door and paint the new door to match the shutters
  • Get a mailbox on a post
  • Replace the house numbers with some bigger, stylish oil rubbed bronze numbers to match the new porch light.
  • Replace the porch light
  • Get a new front door

The Living Room
 
 
To Do:
  • Basically re-do everything we've already done! I want to replace the curtains which currently look like this:

yeesh, right? I'd love to replace them with a bright color or maybe even some blue or green ikat patterned ones.


  • Hang (new) curtains
  • Start a frame wall

  • The paint color came out way lighter than I expected it to so I now want to repaint the walls a darker greige and replace our awful green carpet which you can see here:
 

  • Spray paint the chandelier a bright color to go with the curtains and possibly add a shade, like this
  • Whitewash the fireplace, which is making a very sad trombone sound. Womp womp.
 
  • I also want to replace the "crown molding" around the top of the room, which is actually floor molding turned upside down.
The Kitchen
 
 
 
To Do:

  • Replace the heavy, bulky, too-low drapery rod with a lighter one. It just looked like a big faux brass unibrow.
  • Paint the cabinets white
  • Paint a chalkboard on the side of my pantry (above) which is already getting a workout
  • Paint the walls a khaki color
  • Replace the flooring with a cherry wood laminate
  • Retile the backsplash
  • Get a new range hood- I've been looking at this one on amazon.
  • Replace my awful countertops. I have three different ones and they're all ugly
  • Put in a new pendant light over the sink
The Laundry Room/Basement
 
To Do:
  • I would love to stain the floors and maybe section off the laundry room a little better.
  • I need more storage around/in the laundry area (which is right next to the stairs) so I was thinking of doing some shelving under the stairs. (see here for an example) 
  • Make a clothespin chandelier for the stairway
  • Paint thick, grey on slightly darker grey stripes in the stairwell
Bedrooms
 
To Do:
  • Paint
  • Rip up the carpet and sand/stain the gorgeous hardwoods underneath
  • Replace the vinyl roller blinds with real blinds and hang curtains

     
Bathroom
Done:
Well... we've bought a vanity and a few towel rods.
 
To Do:
So Much. This is actually our next project and we'll probably be tackling it in the coming weeks provided we can work it around Thanksgiving. Mama likes her turkey.
In this reno (the first big project we'll be tackling together) we're going to be
  • replacing the bathtub
  • tiling a shower surround
  • tiling the floor
  • replacing the vanity and mirror
  • replacing the door and trim
  • frosting the window in the shower (I have no idea why there is a window in our shower, but I love the natural light it lends to the room so it's staying.)
  • hopefully doing all of this within a few days because it's the only bathroom we have.
 
 
So there's my massive to do list (which is actually longer but I'm just doing this off the top of my head) and I'll leave you with some sunshine that brightened up my day (and my kitchen) 
 
That happy purple almost makes me forget it's 40 degrees outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment